Through the blog section I want to cover all types of things especially how you can design your space all on your own from a multitude of ideas I have. I will cover ideas for your home, apartment, studio, condo you name and it'll be here. I will also post pictures here that will not be top notch like the others you see in the Sweet Gallery because they are straight from my phone. But please believe once the rooms are completed the professional pics will follow.
Ok so first I want to talk about two spaces that I am currently working on at one time. I am between to states Atlanta, Ga my current home and Chattanooga, Tn my home town. Now you would think that everyone I'm immediately related to and are friends with homes would be just fab. Well I'm here to tell there not (don't ask me why lol). I have been working with my sister Peppie (who lives hear in Atlanta with me) to get her living room space to look flawless under $500 bucks.
This is the before of one angle of her apartment. The one thing I don't like about the space which can be challenging is the number of door openings. Urghhh!!
So far we have painted the walls and arranged the furniture. However, it's still not complete. I'll also show you the different items purchased, how the were made and what bargins we found. Stay tuned for that!!
Chairs $45 fpr both
Coffee table $30
(Not Shown in this pic)
Display case $35
2 Ikea table lamps
We spent a total of $230 bucks in this entire room the way it is now. We will add an area rug, more seating, and wall accessories later. So stay tuned!!
Ps. I'll also show you several accessores that were made from yard sale thrift store and dollar store items UNDER $5.00!! Yeah me!!! :)
1. Thift store find $3! yeah... I spray painted silver and hung it on the mantal.
2. After :Candle holder with silver spray paint total price $5 bucks! Whoo Who!
3. Hurricane vase thrift store find $1 buck yep! That's right.. I've seen these in crafts stores for $6 a piece
4. Hurricane accessories were basically free. Pine cones and small logs from the yard. Decorative balls made from round foam balls and twine $2 bucks tops (purchased from the Dollar Store!
5. Grass vase $5 bucks. Grass, vase, foam, and moss purchased at the Dollar store.
6. So all of the items shown before where placed on the mantel.
10. Oh the fireplaces just has logs from the backyard and 3 tealight candles. Yeah!
The second space I'm working on is what I call my vacation home. I recently married two years ago. We both had our own homes in Chattanooga. So we rented my house and occupied his as our vacation home. Sometimes I ask myself why I did that but for the sake of love. You'll see what I'm referring to later..laughing out loud...phhh....
At my vacation home I have pretty much completed the living room and den. I am currently working on the dining room and bedroom spaces. Here are some pics of the completed areas.